Posted on June 28 2016
back in the early days of esby, stephanie (our founder), spent her weekends heading east to montauk to escape the concrete jungle and beat the NYC heat. the ocean waves, salty air, and the essence of summer's laid back vibe are all feelings we love. and what's a better way to end a day in the sun than slipping on a summer dress for sundowners with friends? but - take care of your skin first:
EiR (pronounced "air") is a natural beauty line that captures the essence of summer and puts it in a bottle. jun lee, the ceo and founder of EiR had the idea to start her natural beauty line three years ago, and since it's been a favorite with beach-goers and outdoor lovers alike.
1. what inspired you to begin making your own products?
i wanted to make products while recovering from shoulder surgery. i needed products that felt wholesome and detoxifying from all pain meds given to me by my surgeons.
2. how did you land upon naming the line EiR?
i heard of the name EiR from Norse mythology as a character who was a healer, medicine woman. i liked the concept idea of it. also, like the sound of it, sounds like air. essential to live.
3. you’ve worked as an art curator, muy thai fighter, surfer, and now you have your own natural beauty/lifestyle line. is there a common theme you’ve found between those passions?
accepting challenges and growing from difficult moments. not giving up.
4. what is your favorite product from EiR?
the sunset oil and sport liniment.
5. what is the most important step in your beauty routine?
getting the zinc off my face and going to sleep with a clean moisturized face.
shop EiR in our austin shop, or click here to shop online.
surf images via eir nyc instagram